Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The word of the day is Play, play, play, play!!!

What a wonderful morning it was today! A huge thank you to Gail Quickle for sharing her passion with us and reminding us how important it is for our kids to just PLAY! It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life that we forget what our kids want most, is for us to just play with them. Be with them while they do "their work" and not worry about the mess or final product. I loved the poem she ended with and wrote it down to share with you all again:

I tried to teach my child with books. He game me only puzzled looks. I tried to teach my child with words. They passed him by, often unheard. Despairingly I turned aside. How shall I teach this child I cried. Into my hand he put the key. Come, he said, play with me. 

My prayer for all of us this week is to play. Play when we don't feel like it. Play when it's inconvenient. And most of all, play when our kids ask us to. I want that wonder in my children's eyes to never leave.


*********************************************************************************

AND.......
Starting this week I thought it would be neat to share all the pinboards on the blog so everyone can get to know a little about the people at other tables. Thank you ladies!


Jaclyn Cummings- Fashion Table


Lena Kubota- Decor Table


Amanda Ward- Parties Table



Maureen Enoch- Travel Table


Have a blessed week and hope to see you at Christina's Halloween Party next Wednesday!!!

If you'd like to contact Gail with any questions
 or inquire about Mission Hills CC Jr. Kindergarten program click on the link below: 



No comments:

Post a Comment